Elijah and Luke/Acts- an intertextual hermeneutical ecclesiology- by Rev Bishop Rosenkranz
Litwak challenges previous studies of the use
In contrast to previous studies that consider
only quotations or obvious allusions,
he examines intertextual echoes
of the Old Testament at strategic points in Luke-Acts,
as well as quotations and allusions and echoed traditions.
Thus, this study’s database is larger.
Previous studies generally argue that Luke’s use
This leads to the exclusion of scriptural citations,
such as those of the temptation (Luke 4:1–13)
which have different emphases.
Litwak views ecclesiology as the overall purpose
behind Luke’s use of the Old Testament,
but he does not skip or avoid intertextual references
that may lie outside an ecclesiological function.
Whilst other studies contend that Luke uses
the Old Testament according to a
Litwak argues that this fails to account
for many of the intertextual references.
Other studies often subsume all of Luke’s use
of the Scriptures of Israel under one theme,
such as the ‘New Exodus’,
but this study does not require
that every intertextual echo
maps to a specific theme.
Rather, the many intertextual references
in strategic texts at the beginning,
middle and end of Luke-Acts,
and Luke’s use of the texts,
are allowed to dictate the ‘themes’
to which they relate.
In his ebook “TEMPLAR`S REVELATION”,
gives an short overview on
intertextual scripture hermeneutic,
leading to practical steps
of Ecclesiology in interreligious and
Pls gain the effort, visiting his site:
- Gary Cottrell – Luke and Acts (nomorefear.wordpress.com)
- Big Discounts!! Up to 68% off Retail!! (heritagebooktalk.org)
- RAPTURE -THE WEDDING MODEL-by Chuck Missler-KOINONIA HOUSE (ioan17.wordpress.com)
- The NT and OT (bartlescrivener.wordpress.com)
- The earliest gospels 6(b) – Luke (à la Couchoud) (vridar.wordpress.com)
- Barry E. Horner and the land promise (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- Rightly Dividing and Perspicuity – Plain, but Not Always Easy (mindrenewers.com)
- Gary Manning on Allusions to Elijah in Luke / Acts(ETS 2011) (readingacts.wordpress.com)
Published: February 22, 2012, 09:25 | Comments Off on Elijah and Luke/Acts- an intertextual hermeneutical ecclesiology- by Rev Bishop Rosenkranz
Category: Apologetic, bible, BishopRosary, education, free software, GVO RMI Religion ROSARY Bishop, New Blogs, Religion Education, Rosary Ministries International, Spirituality, teaching, theology